11th Annual Four Square World Championships
For the eleventh year stright, the great people at the Lakes Environmental Association in snowy Bridgton, ME, will host the annual 2016 Four Square World Championships, on Sunday, Feb 28, 2016, at 5:00PM at Bridgton Academy* (directions | map).
Lakes Environmental Association collects a $10 registration fee to directly support their local environmental work. There is no advance registration but please email an RSVP to Peter Lowell with an indication of where you are coming from and how many players and spectators you intend to bring. Entrance to the Champs is open to the public so expect people of all shapes, sizes and stature in attendance. Competitors will battle for the greatest four square title in the world. Entrants will be divided into three divisions based on age, and there will be no custom rules allowed. It would be a good idea to book your lodging early and plan to take advantage of the skiing, snowshowing, sledding, and more that Bridgton has to offer.
The day will look like this:
- 5:00 PM: Open registration and beginner rule workshop
- 5:30 PM: Men's and Women's General entry (top 50% advance)
- 6:45 PM: Men's and Women's Semifinals (top 25% advance)
- 7:45 PM: Women's Finals (winner takes all)
- 8:30 PM: Men's Finals (winner takes all)
- 9:00 PM: New champions announced
- 9:30 PM: Relocate to local establishment for refreshments.
There is a Sunday schedule for any competitors still in town:
- 9:00-10:30AM: Breakfast of champions at Ricky's Diner
- 10:30 AM:TBD post-champs outdoor activity (weather permitting)
For details on past champs events, look at the following linkage:
- 2014 World Champs Gallery
- 2013 World Champs Gallery
- 2012 World Champs Gallery
- 2011 World Champs Gallery
- 2010 World Champs Gallery
- 2009 World Champs Gallery
- 2008 World Champs Gallery
- 2007 World Champs Gallery
- 2006 World Champs Gallery
- 2005 World Champs Gallery
*Bridgton Academy will require that all competitors wear non-scuffing shoes.